Mrs. J. Underhill
I handed out the next assignment and we discussed the expectations. I have attached the assignment below for anyone not in class.
2. We started a new assignment today, all students will be writing friendly letter to me. I gave them a model letter and we discussed the characteristics of a friendly letter and they began writing their drafts in class today. We will continue this work in class tomorrow.
* Also, anyone who has not finished their first "Free-write", I have attached the prompt for you, so please complete this ASAP.
* Don't forget to read your novels on your spare time - a book talk could be just around the corner :)
2. Remember, you should be reading 20-30 minutes from your novel every night!
** We started a new writing assignment today, soplease complete the above work so you do not get behind.
Be sure to complete your homework and read through and study your notes this week.
I will be giving the test outline tomorrow so you can work on preparing your study notes.
We have been working very hard in English 9 the last few days. Students completed a mock assessment where they worked on some reading comprehension and demand writing exercises. This has given us a better indication as to the levels the students are working at. This will help us as we prepare the students for the grade 9 literacy assessment (ELPA) they will write in January.
We will be doing various activities throughout the term to help the students improve their writing and reading comprehension skills.
More to come... :)
Mrs. Underhill and Mrs. Moody
- 3 ringed binder, lots of paper, black and blue ink pens, thesaurus, white out, USB, writing/cpmposition journal for writing, novels for reading time.
2. PLease read through and sign the contact sheet - yellow one from the office - make changes on the shett if need be.
3. Sign blue sheet sent home with students - permission to photograph.
4. Bring novel and/or materials you have at home to your locker.