Mrs. J. Underhill
History 113 – Work for February 21, 2014
1. Read section 1 of chapter 26.
2. Copy definitions on page 533.
3. Copy and complete section 1 questions on page 537.
Fill in the blank map of Europe 1914 – handed out to you in class today - use the map on page 536 to help you.
We finished chapter 25 today. Students worked on the Section 2 questions on page 528. Some students also began the chapter review. I handed out the notes for the chapter and the test outline. These have been uploaded below.
***TEST on chapter 25 will be next Thursday, February 20.
2. Students received a new assignment today. You have to create a found poem using words and phrases from the novel. The assignment has been uploaded below. These are due Wednesday, 19. Please type your poem up, be creative and practice your delivery as you will be sharing your poems with your mates. :)
2. Students received the letter writing assignment in class today as well. We will work on these during the next couple of classes.
* For this assignment, you will write a letter to the couple George and Lennie want to buy the house from. Please follow the business letter format from the attachment below.
* If you were not at school today, I have uploaded the assignment for you. Please finish the chapter 3 questions, if at all possible.
* Please be sure to have your posters creatively coloured and the write-up/explanation attached to it before you pass it in.
2. Make sure all Tuff Talk #2 are finished for tomorrow as we will be sharing some of these responses with each other.
3. Please make sure you have read to the end of chapter 2 for tomorrow as well.
This is a list of work we are working on:
1. Make sure your Child Labor Assignments have been emailed to me.
2. Copy and complete section 4 questions page 412
3. Copy and complete chapter review questions on page 414
***The test on the Industrial Revolution will be Tuesday, February 11.