Posted: February 10, 2016
Per.2 Canadian Identity 9T
- Review & Reflect p.12 #'s 1 and 3
- Apply & Extend p.12 #'s 1 and 4 OR 5 (these last two will require some independant research at home on the internet; not much more than 10 minutes)
Visual Analysis of a Canadian Painting (due Friday, students were looking for guidance of what to include, see below)
- Early in essay, artist should be introduced and the context of where and when the painting is of and what leads you to believe this.
- On paragraph should explain the painting itself; what mood or atmosphere does it evoke? what elements are found in background? foreground? Where is your eye drawn? Why might the artist have painted it this way?
- Subsequent paragraphs should highlight the specific elements of the painting that show/suggest a Canadian Identity. Marks will come from how clearly you explain HOW this shows Can. Identity.
- Remember, guidelines on how to analyse the painting can also be found on p.4 of book.
Per.3 Social Studies 8D
- Explorations p. 11 questions 1-4
Per.4 World Issues 120
Per.5 Canadian Geography 120
- Maps & Caps assignment due Friday, Feb.12th
- New assignment handed out today, Module 1, Assignment 1 due: Friday, Feb.19th