Posted: March 15, 2019
· Reminder: No school for students on Friday
· Thursday: Students can buy hot chocolate for $1 at recess.
· Monday to Wednesday: Book Fair (Wednesday is Family Night)
- If students wish to buy a book at the Book Fair the money must be in by Wednesday.
· listen to the song: Thomas Tigre (video is on page 2)
o Gesture: Place your hand over your ear.
· Mini Pink Booklets: If interested, students practice reading the 4 words (week 2/orange).
· Read the book given several times throughout the week.
- Blue duo-tang: Les doubles (___+___=10)
To help your child to achieve greater success, here are a few suggestions you can use as a guide.
· Que manges-tu au déjeuner? (What do you eat for breakfast?)
o Je mange… (des oeufs, du yogourt, pain grillé) au déjeuner. I eat… (eggs, yogurt, toast) for breakfast.
· Que manges-tu au diner? (What do you eat for lunch?)
o Je mange …(un sandwich, une pomme) au diner. (I eat… (a sandwich, an apple) for lunch.)
· Que manges-tu au souper? (What do you eat for supper?)
o Je mange… (du poulet, du riz, des carottes) au souper. (I eat… (chicken, riz, carrots) for supper.
· Mental math strategies
· Counting by 5s and 10s
· Counting back from 100-90