Posted: January 18, 2019
*Pyjama Day Friday
Reminder: No school next Monday (January 28th)
Parents, I have been noticing a difference in the students’ reading thanks to your help with their books and weekly words. As always, thank you for all your help and support. J
· listen to the song: Charles Chat
§ Gesture: Place index finger over your lips (shh)
· Red duo-tang (étude de mots): If interested, students practice reading the words (week 3)
· Read the book given several times throughout the week (same book).
To help your child to achieve greater success, here are a few suggestions you can use as a guide.
Oùhabites-tu? J’habite à...(I live in…)
· J’habite à Blackville. (I live in Blackville).
· J’habite dans la compagne. (I live in the country.)
· J’habite en ville. (I live in the city.)
Comment vas-tu à l’école? (How do you go to school?)
· Que vois-tu dans ta communauté. (What do you see in your community?)
· Dans ma communauté, je vois.. (In my community I see…”
o Example : Dans ma communauté, je vois une école. (There is a school in my community)
· Comment vas-tu.. (au magasin? au parc?) (How do you go to ... the store? the park?)
o Je vais au magasin en voiture. (I go to the store by car.)
· Comparing groups using the terms “plus, moins or égal” (more, less and equal)