Posted: May 24, 2020
Good morning everyone. Hope you had a great weekend and got to spend time with the friends you have been missingJ. This will be the last week for a focus question. Beginning next Monday, until June 12th, 2020, you will have a bit more choice with regards to your writing assignments. It will be a chance for you to express your creative side and maybe get outdoors at the same time. Have a wonderful week. I miss each and every one of you very much.
This week’s focus question is: What are the costs and benefits of technology? Think about this and create a list of what you believe are the costs and benefits of technolgy? Then, keep your list it in mind as you complete each of your daily tasks. If you find information that relates to your list or question, remember to include the following:
· the idea or thought that sparked your interest
· where you found it
Please find your daily task breakdown below. I will monitor your guided reading results and offer feedback where necessary. Remember the Read Aloud option is available for all articles posted. If you have questions, email me:
1. Find a quiet place, kick back and read anything of your choosing for 30 minutes. PS. You should all be reading 30 minutes every day along with your studies.
2. Sign in to CommonLit.
3. Read posted article and answer guided questions only.
4. Make notes with focus question in mind. If you are using a touch screen you do not have this option, so be sure to put ideas, thoughts and comments on your device or in a notebook you won’t lose.
1. View related media. Remember to keep focus question in mind to take notes as you watch: What are the costs and benefits of technology? ?
1. Log into CommonLit.
2. Re-read article. Highlight ideas you may have overlooked in relation to your focus question: What are the costs and benefits of technology?
3. Complete assessment. Try using evidence from your text to support your answers.
1. Use notes taken throughout the week and examples from the article you’ve read, the media you viewed as well as your own personal experiences to describe your answer to: What are the costs and benefits of technology?