Posted: September 22, 2017
Welcome To Our Page
Posted: September 22, 2017
If you require any additional information regarding any of these items please come I have also attached a list of the scholarships and open houses in table format
1. Horatio Alger Canadian Scholarship – up to $10, 000. Criteria: family income of $65000 or less, involvement in co-curricular and community activities, and display integrity and perseverance in overcoming adversity. Deadline: October 25. Visit www.horatioalger.ca/en/scholarships to apply
2. Loran Scholars Foundation - Valued at $100 00 over four years. Criteria: minimum average of 85%, demonstrate character, leadership, and strong commitment to community service. Applicants must be planning to attend one of the Loran Scholar participating universities. Please see Mrs. Breau by Sept. 29 if you are interested in applying for this scholarship.
3. Schulich Leader Scholarships – valued at up to $100 000 each. Criteria: Students must be entering a university program in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math. They must also meet 2 of the following criteria: academic excellence, leadership, financial need. Any student interested in applying for this scholarship must see Mrs. Breau by October 30th.
4. Various Awards – Visit studentawards.com to search for a variety of scholarships
5. Atlantic Business College Scholarship - $1000 awarded to a student attending Atlantic Business College. Please see Mrs. Breau for more details
6. Baytech - $500 awarded to a student attending Baytech. Please see Mrs. Breau for more details.
7. Reminder: Most universities/colleges offer their own scholarships. When applying for acceptance check to see what scholarships are available and how to apply for them. Some do not require any extra applications but some will.
1. Mount Allison Fall Open House – Friday, October 13, 9:00 – 3:45, Sackville NB. To register visit www.mta.ca/openhouse
2. UNB’s Future Student Night – Miramichi, NB – October 3 @ 7:00 pm. Rodd Miramichi. Visit unb.ca/recruitment. This is an opportunity to learn about programs, admissions, scholarships, and have your application assessed. If you would like to have your application assessed please apply online at least 48 hours prior to the event and bring a transcript and $65 application fee with you
3. UNB Open House – Fredericton, NB – October 14 & Saint John – Oct. 21. Visit unb.ca/recruitment
4. St. Thomas University Open House – Fredericton, NB – Nov. 4th. Visit stu.ca/open house
5. Oulton College Open House – Moncton, NB – November 4 & April 7th. Visit www.oultoncollege.com
6. Study and Go Abroad Fair – Dalhousie University, Halifax. September 28th from 2:00 – 6:00. Visit www.studyandgoabroad.com/student-expo/
7. NBCC Open House - Miramichi, Moncton, Saint John, Woodstock – October 28.
Fredericton and Saint Andrews – November 4th. Visit http://nbcc.ca/future-students/visit-us
8. Western University , London Ontario– Fall Preview Day – Nov. 2 , March Break Open House – March 10. Visit welcome.uwo.ca
9. Holland College Campus Tour Days – Nov 4 & Feb. 3. Visit http://www.hollandcollege.com/campus-tour/
1.Gairdner Speaker- Nov. 2 – Miramichi Hospital – 10:00 – 11:00. Dr. Janet Rossant . This talk will be of interest to any students interested in the life sciences, particularly biomedical science. Interested students will need to have their own transportation. Please see Mrs. Breau by Oct. 6 if you are interested.
2. Shad enrichment program - SHAD provides the opportunity for students to attend a month-long summer program, in-residence at one of our Canadian host universities, focused on STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts & math). Students must be in grade 10, 11 or 12. To apply visit https://www.shad.ca/
Posted: May 25, 2017
Women of Miramichi Entrepreneurial Network is offering a $50 bursary. If you are a daughter, sister, niece, or granddaughter of a WOMEN member send your information to email@example.com by June 13th
Posted: May 15, 2017
Pita Pit Miramichi is now accepting application for the Community Champion Bursary. The bursary is based on financial need, academic standing, and community involvement. Bursary is valued at $1000 and is due June 2nd. Applications are in the guidance office.
Posted: April 25, 2017
Miramichi Chamber of Commerce Scholarship is valued at $1000. Priority is given to students enrolling in a business related program. Academic achievement, financial circumstances, and volunteer work will also be considered. Applications are available at http://www.miramichichamber.com/scholarship-program/ and are due May 15.
Posted: April 24, 2017
The Robbie and Jean Shaw IWK Scholarship is due April 28th. Students must be either current or former patients of the IWK. Applications are available in the guidance office.
Posted: April 11, 2017
Eileen Murphy Memorial Scholarship is valued at $500. Students must demonstrate an ongoing commitment to the Miramichi River, either through volunteer, extra-curricular, or community based activites. Applications are available in the Guidance office and are due May 26.