Posted: February 5, 2017
Period 1: Writing 110
- Students are completing a Preliminary Diagnostic piece of writing. They chose 1 of 3 topics provided on Friday and are to complete 500wds for Monday (rough draft) to be handed in but NOT to be used for marking. This is formative assessment.
- NEED a composition notebook to be used for Quickwrites and Journal entries; of this sort is acceptable and commonly found in dollar stores or drug stores http://bit.ly/2kCSeP4
Period 2: Canadian Identity 9T
- Read pp.2-3 and answer Review & Reflect questions 2,3 on p.3.
Period 4: Social Studies 8
- Answer questions 1-3 on p.4 of the textbook.
- Answer questions 1-3 on p.7 of the textbook.
Period 5: World Issues 120
- Course outline was handed out and discussed as were the guidelines for the end-of-term Scrapbook Project.
- Article of the Week: http://bit.ly/2kwaCXb "Donald Trump Defends Tough Phone Calls." This article was handed out but is also available here AND is link is provided on the course twitter account @BHSWorldIssues. Rubric was also provided for how your articles of the week will be marked(I will attach to this site, in the documents tab, those rubric guidelines). Expectation is that articles of the week will be a response of about 1-page in length and will go beyond summarizing the article; they will reflect upon the implications of the topic discussed on the local, regional and world stage.