I have posted a word document below with various problem types from this unit so far (up to conservation of momentum). The solutions are posted on the pdf file (physicsmomentumassn.pdf)
I have posted an old unit 3 test if any student wants to get ahead start on the test preparation. The test will be the week of May 13 (planning for Tuesday bor Wednesday)
Monday - Conservation of Momentum
- 1 board example
- Red p 193 (2,3,4,5,8,9 &11)
- Green p 200 (30,31,33,& 34)
p 209 (37,38,39,42,43 & 45)
p 213 (46)
***** physicsimpulsemomentummay6.pdf file below ****
Tuesday - impulse j = FΔt
- impulse - momentum theorem FΔt = m(v2 - v1)
Wednesday - Quiz # 4 (conservation of momentum & impulse-momentum theorem) ow on Friday.
Thursday - Springs
- Hooke's Law F = kx
- Elastic potentil energy of a spring EE = 1/2 kx2
- Green text p 261(38 - 40)
- Sprins & conservation of energy.
Friday - Quiz - momentum & impulse - momentum theorem.
-Green text p 277 (32 & 34)
p 329 (24 & 25)
p 333 (47, 49)